Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Missing you.....

After a long day of computer work, phone calls, paperwork, logging inventory, researching insurance, I had nice phone conversations with each of my children. While I waited for John to return from Marble Falls, I found myself missing those days when the kids and I were still under one roof (more when they were 2 and 4 years old rather than those nasty teenage years though) . While I appreciate the phone conversations and text messages we now exchange long distance, I found myself wishing that they would blog so I could visually peak inside their daily lives again.

Recently, Chuck and Michelle gave me access to Gigi's preschool cameras. WOW - this technology is great. I watched Gigi playing with the other kids at school and I could barely tear myself away. Beth emailed pictures of Esa and I could see how much she has grown since the last time we hugged. I also saw their new home in Colorado and realized again that we no longer live 5 minutes from each other. Work on the store has been all consuming lately - I haven't had my daily conversations with my sister and I haven't spent time visiting with Joe and Donna. I miss seeing Kelly (actually, I miss having Kelly living with me) and I miss my former co-workers. WAAA - I miss my dogs!!

So, as the evening sun went down over Lake Buchanan, I found myself wanting to connect. First, I logged in to Em's blog...then I clicked over to Casey and Joe's blog...then on to Betsy's blog...and finally, Kim's blog. By the time I got to Kim's blog (complete with music and rolling video - way cool Kim!), I was no longer feeling lonely. Their collective blogs reminded me of the joy of life....particularly, the journey and the friends we meet along the way. Thanks guys - I miss you.

As John's car pulls into the driveway, I am reminded how happy that I am to be here with him. Life is good. Life is very, very good. Keep in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - crying over here Marnie! You are only human and human's have feelings (well, at least the good ones do). You are doing a great job making the transition into your new "Texan-lifestyle", but you will naturally have some days like this. I check your blog almost daily. It's a great way to keep up with you - your life is so fasinating right now! I need to take some lessons from Kim on how to blog effectively(I haven't really gotten mine set up very well). The divas all miss you very much, but we are so happy that you and Stange are fulfilling your dream! Not too many people actually go through with that! Yay!! Remember... the happy days will far surpass the sad ones.

~Casey

Emily Benedek said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, too. Miss you guys so much! Hopefully Dan and I can get down there to visit soon!
-em

Anonymous said...

Great, now all the Divas are crying. You have NO idea how much I miss you guys and I am so happy that you have this blog so I can keep track of you. I can even teach you how to add your own slide show! :) Love you! KIM